-
September 7th, 2001, 01:00 PM
#11
Inactive Member
reading this issue brought out the masochist in me.
i have the urge to call you a rat bastard for taunting me/us this way...
but all i can do is fidget and wait for more.
damn you, terry.
------------------
the almighty can shove his scripture up his ass if just one word of it says i can't stand by my friends.
-jessie custer "preacher"
-
September 7th, 2001, 01:43 PM
#12
Inactive Member
First let me say I got the issue late(just yesterday) and would have been posting hyterical rants last night if not physicaly restrained from the computer. But now, upon reflection and rereading(after a night of little sleep on the couch) I must say that I am impressed. Terry you have to know you are the most incredible writer in the world to get this sort of response from me, my love, and all the other fans. When people say they hate you it is truly the highest praise, because this seems to encourage them to read it even more.
I tortured myself by reading a few postings before getting the comic last night, then my gf got to read it first and I had to watch her yell "what the #^(%!?!" then laugh, then scream, then curse Terry and make disparaging remarks about his parantage, then scream continuously upon the last page. My reaction was fairly similar but with more laughing and not as much swearing.
I have a few ideas as to where this could be leading, and what the next issue will bring. I guess now we knoe that it is Ashley on the cover(she has a smaller upturned nose, larger eyes and more slender figure than her mother) although I am still not certain why she's sitting on the pile of money, unless it's to indicate that she gets to inherit all of Katchoo's money? But they said/implied that the mob stuff was elaboration... but Katchoo Is a famous painter so she'll have money anyway... so how much of the story -really- happened and how much is Ashleys immaginative fill-in? Or how much Aunt Chooey telling tall tales to embarass her mother and ribe the kid? Auuuughhhhhh!! Six More Weeks!!!! Are we looping back around to start at the begining with the play(but Katchoo was a virgin in this story and has her own donor-cycle, and in the other story she had a boyfriend with byke and her stepfather had already raped her once or more before!?!?!) AUUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!
You evil, evil EVIL man!!
...you know we love you...
Here's to two more years!
"He said to 'go back to the beginning', well, this is the beginning... and I am waiting for Viccini!" -Inago Montoya, 'The Princess Bride'
------------------
-
September 7th, 2001, 03:41 PM
#13
Inactive Member
I thought that Terry had finally had enough of the bitching and decided to wipe out all of the things that people complane about out in one fell swoop. Well, am I a dumb ass or what? The main reason I was angry about the story was that I thought it was an ending. It came out of nowhere. It was a drive by shocker. That said, if that had been the actuall ending, and all dangling plot lines had been explained, then it would have been the perfect story ender if it had ended with Kat and Francine sleeping arm in arm with each other.
TWO MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be there.
------------------
"Beware the fury of a patient man"-John Dryden
"What does it profit God to take the young, rending the cloth of his blessing undone?"-Griffin Silver
"Nothing is certain but the unforeseen."-fortune cookie.
-
September 7th, 2001, 11:17 PM
#14
GeminiCancer
Guest
I have only this to say about the actual content of the issue...
Thank you for showing us Katchoo and Francine as elder women, happy and in love. I teared up.
I never even got teary over Sandman, and I absolutely worship Neil Gaiman.
Thank you for the cover. I think it has more relevance to the issue than is immediately obvious, and as I had a quick reaction which I'm sure matched everyone else's (mine involved no innocent taco peddlers, but I was shouting "he's selling out!" in my car in the parking lot at work), I maybe ought to have looked at the cover again.
Other than that, I hope this teaches all of us (us also meaning me) that whenever we get undone about how the story is going, we should maybe remember that the alternative, which is Terry giving up his vision to make us all happy, is much worse.
Perhaps we should start writing fan fiction to relieve some stress.

------------------
"They mostly come out at night. Mostly." --Newt, Aliens
"I can crack all your ribs, but I can't break your heart." --Jill Sobule
"Take it easy, but take it." --Woody Guthrie
-
September 7th, 2001, 11:31 PM
#15
Jaxom 27
Guest
"...And let me just say that I wasn't quoting anybody on the board during my editor-Ashley dialogue. I just summarized the criticisms of SIP in general and I think they were true words. I've heard them for years. However, I can't answer for the girl's reactions, that's out of my hands! You understand..."
See, Terry, I almost crashed my car AGAIN (mainly because it's quicker to read the new issues on the way home rather than wait the extra 20 minutes...) but only because I was laughing my butt off the whole time. You took this issue and it felt like a reflection of every roundabout debate we've ever had on here. Now I know what you say above and I know you weren't quoting any of us SPECIFICALLY, but damnned if you didn't keep some of the things we throw around here at least in the back of your mind. You really did have a chuckle at all our expenses while you put this issue together didn't you?
Thanks for that.
By the by, it was a damn lot of fun to read...even if that Honda Civic was a little close...
------------------
Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.
-
September 8th, 2001, 12:59 AM
#16
HB Forum Owner
I enjoyed it. Hell if I know what you are doing, but I had fun! After the initial shock. *grin* I'm betting on this issue being a dream tho.
Let me know if you need a KiSA to protect you Terry! 
------------------
- "This is a dream." "No, not a dream. A Nightmare. And if sometimes dreams come ture, what of our nightmares?" (Sheridan and Galen)
- Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
- Forgiveness doesn't come with a debt. (Mary Chapin Carpenter - I Take My Chances)
- Namesake of AsIs the kitten!
-
September 8th, 2001, 04:14 AM
#17
Inactive Member
I beg to differ, Anaka, but that still looks like Francine on the cover. This was the projected cover to an issue that would have been between #31 and #32. Don't you remember how slim she was back then? I think Terry's explanation is the simplest. The greenbacks falling around her is the $10,000,000 David has given her.
And the eyes are Francine's. Ashley's have a kind of epicanthic fold. Holy $#*+!!! What have I said?! Pay no attention! 
As to whether there is any significance to this cover appearing on this issue, I can't say, but I'm not complaining. After all, I had said I wanted to see the fake covers printed. And to my surprise, something I had thought represented an imaginary, red-herring storyline appeared for real. Say... maybe there is some significance here after all.
------------------
Peregrinator in paradiso.
-
September 8th, 2001, 06:38 AM
#18
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Moore:
People, people!
Angry readers: please be patient and read 44. This unexpected blindside whammy only lasts 2 issues. And try to restrain yourself from all the cheap tv plot references - you're really going to hurt Francine's feelings.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Read this quote again... read it very, very carefully. If you think I'm wrong here, feel free to debate it, but this suddenly struck me while I was at work last night as being a very significant statement, moreso than when I first read this post. 
Why exactly would we worry about "hurting Francine's feelings," with various comments if issue #43, not to mention this 2-issue arc, is not meant to be a product of her mind, possibly dreaming on the plane on the way to Hawaii?
I see this, combined with Terry's assertions that this blindside will only last 2 issues, as near complete confirmation that #43 & #44 are Francine's baby, if you will; her dreaming of a life where she and Katchoo were able to be together, and things were a lot less complicated than they really are... your thoughts, please?
P.S. Terry, if you don't mind my asking... most of my SIP collection is in trades, and so far, all of the trades have been self-contained story-wise. However, if the latest trade ends with issue 43, and issue 43 and 44 are supposed to be linked, isn't the story being split up? Or am I assuming too much of a connection between the issues? Thanks!
------------------
"Your mother let you watch 'Altered States'? The woman who said, 'Jesus never had a t.v., and neither should we?"
-
September 8th, 2001, 12:10 PM
#19
-
September 9th, 2001, 12:58 AM
#20
Inactive Member
Well, Janine, if #43 is really Francine's dream, then she can't be dreaming it on the way to Hawaii, because it incorporates too many features of the real future, which Francine couldn't possibly know then. Two facts in particular are the 10-year separation and Katchoo's living in New Mexico. No, I think it's more Ashley's imagination.
But your idea is interesting. I am reminded of the Monty Python sketch, "The Bicycle Tour", in which Michael Palin, in prison, having been condemned to death by firing squad, wakes up to see his mother smiling. "Mother! Then it was all a dream." "No, dear," she replies, "this is your dream. You're still in the cell." That is what I wanted to think in #1. A 10-year separation; a loveless marriage; that is the nightmare. But #1 has another reason for my thinking that Francine isn't dreaming #43: she dreams in color! 
------------------
Peregrinator in paradiso.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks